Monday, December 17, 2012

APPB: QFT: Rocket Science


 http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/086/6/3/Retro_Rocket_by_1daBread.gif

Top 3 Questions
1. How do I build the rocket?
2. What's the ideal design for a non tumbling rocket?
3. How do fins help the rocket fly?

What do you plan on using these questions for?
1. I would use this to guide me into the directions of researching aerodynamic materials and simple designs that would help the rocket fly.
2. I would use this to draw a blueprint of some sort that would make the rocket not tumble. So, we'd probably draw up different blueprints and test them with different things on them (fin design, weights, tip shape).
3. I would use this question to  guide me in researching rocket fins that help it fly a farther distance (parallelogram shapes, triangular, claw-shape).

Reflect on the process of questioning. How did it go?
The process of questioning helped me take a step into researching and thinking about how this rocket will be built. I have not built a rocket before, so this questioning helped me go into more detail about designs, fin shapes, and weight distribution that would effect the rocket's flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment